Launch control

Stel hier je vraag of post je oplossing voor een technisch probleem met de 155.

Launch control

Berichtdoor stratos » di 17 aug, 2010 22:09

Hi 155 Club NL

Does anyone of you guys have this system http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control or similar mounted in your car?

You can do a number of expensive tuning on your engine, suspension etc., but if it all ends up in timeconsuming wheelspin when you start, you feel that some of your nice hardware is useless.
I recommend you to read the technical stuff and realize which parameters are important to gain the tenths of seconds you aim for.
This is not an advert but I want to learn more about what you might have experienced.
stratos

Re: Launch control

Berichtdoor V6Remko » wo 18 aug, 2010 0:59

Nooit van gehoord (zegt niet zoveel...) Lijkt toch wel veel op reclame.

Uit de beschrijving lees ik toch meer een traction control / anti doorslip regeling. Launch control is m.i. toch net iets anders.

Volgens de beschrijving is het wel interessant. Of het ook waargemaakt wordt is een andere vraag. Zou zelf eerder denken aan een Q2 differentieel voor een 155.

Remko
2.5 V6 WB Bianco Argento Metallizzato
V6Remko

Berichtdoor Martin » wo 18 aug, 2010 8:10

I have a 10 year old system of Racelogic still in a closet. Unfortunate never got the change to test it due lack of time.
Both times the car we wanted to try the system on, was being sold. So we had to remove it from the car and start all over on an other car. Never got to it.
Martin

Berichtdoor WhizzMan » wo 18 aug, 2010 12:37

This is a nice thing to fit to a semi-low-budget race car that doesn't have these features in the on board ECUs already. For street use, I think I'll just enjoy the fact that my cars are not governed by electronics and I can hooligan around all I want. I might consider using this for a race car project, but that's a long term thing for me at this moment.

Fitting a Q2 diff on a front wheel drive alfa (or a Quaife version for the 8V/16V twinsparks) will help gain traction. Mechanical traction is what you are after. This system just helps you use it optimally.

Yes, you can buy a launch control option with this kit, it is definately there and it will work.
WhizzMan

Berichtdoor stratos » wo 18 aug, 2010 22:56

Hmm - let me phrase it this way; Imagine there is a 155 "somewhere" with a newly overhauled 3,0 24v with 6x45 mm inlets, 6-speed box (from a 156 2,5), Q2 diff., 4 x 215x40x16" (relative small wheels), - then how would you optimize a launch with a R32 in the lane next to you? 8-)
stratos

Berichtdoor WhizzMan » do 19 aug, 2010 21:25

stratos schreef:Hmm - let me phrase it this way; Imagine there is a 155 "somewhere" with a newly overhauled 3,0 24v with 6x45 mm inlets, 6-speed box (from a 156 2,5), Q2 diff., 4 x 215x40x16" (relative small wheels), - then how would you optimize a launch with a R32 in the lane next to you? 8-)

I would drive like and old man. :shock:

The last time I raced an R32 they had a camera on board and I had to use public transportation for 4 months.

Seriously. It's a nice system and I'm sure it has benefits. However, for a normal every day work horse car, I'd rather spend my money on keeping it on the road. For a fun/track car, I'm sure it's a nice investment to make.
WhizzMan

Keer terug naar Technique / Techniek